Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 Analyze dynamic

DavidB

I have my mouse set to Automaticlly move to the default button.This saves lots of mouse moving and time.

When I analyze in X2 the mouse jumps from the Graphics screen where I select my entity to the dialog box. This did not happen in XMR2 and its rather annoying.

Anyone else notice this?

I haven't installed X2 yet, but I have the default button enabled and dual monitors. The mouse goes all over the place, as well as new windows. When the editor window comes up prior to sending code to the machine, it's usually in the place it was last time but occaisonaly it comes up fullscreen on monitor 1. Then the next time it'll be a smaller window on monitor 2 and the 3rd time it will be back where it should be. The mouse might be over on Outlook when a tool op dialog box comes up. Often I have to shake the mouse to find where it went to so I've considered disableing the default button setting for that reason.

To be consistent I'd have to say that if a dialogue opens up, it should go to the default button. But that is really counter-intuitive for the analyze dynamic function, which REQUIRES that you slide the cursor around the selected entity.

Which is why I don't use this function, where the cursor goes is many times not what I think the default button should be, which makes it very frustrating to use - regardless of application. If you use a track ball it's not soo bad, but I just don't like using a track ball for mastercam.

JM2C

If its a bug its been there since V7 which is the first MC I used.

I would like this bug to be in X2 and all MC versions to come.

Its the only dialog box I dont want the mouse to go too.

I want to leave the "Snap to dialog" as its graet for everything else.

Thanks