Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any Idea On How to Start Learning Ver9.1???

moghost

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Personally I would not waste my time learning 4 year old software. Your time would be MUCH better served learning X or X2. There's probably not even be any schools still teaching V9...

moghost,

Welcome to the forum. There are many who still use V9 productively although I tend to agree with James and others who have spoken here. Learn the software at the latest technology level. That way you're ahead of the game. You may be able to contact someone who is willing to teach older versions of the software however. Contact your reseller and see if they know anyone who could do this.

I actually did this for a few weekends on Saturdays for a client before they invested in the latest for Mastercam. I was allowed to make a little extra for myself without compromising my employers position. The customer I instructed at is still our client and did update their software through us when they were ready. It's not always like that.

For the most part, you'd have better luck finding someone in the field who is willing to take on the task of instructing someone else on how to use older software. Resellers usually have the most contacts and a pretty good idea of who is still using V9 or older software. HTH cheers.gif

If you can't afford to spend the money, or your boss won't, I would try the tutorial/sample files first, look for an out of print book from FMMT, Lin & Shue(do a thread search here) V7 or V8 books would do in a pinch. other than that, V9 is organized in a very logical manner, if you have some of the skill set in place you should be able to teach yourself in fairly short order, at least enough to get started. A word of advise from me to you is that the interface is a lot different in X and you may spend a lot of time retraining and unlearning when you make the shift. Hope this helps.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've been known to get on a plane to do training as well. I would prefer it to not be for V9 but hey...whatever pays the bills I guess. But I draw the line at V8 FOR SURE. V7, V6, nothing doing!

I'm not sure whether my company using pirated or not.. but this is the 1st time i'm here.. anything i forgot pls remind me.. I'll try to check for it...

I asked my bro that using the same software and he said my version is very old also >.<

actually I just facing trouble in analyzing the volume.. it showed this action can't performed on sheet body solids.. maybe I did some mistake when turning the drawing to solid @@..

anyway... thanks to all...

You are welcome to ask questions here

You can write on my e-mail adress too .

I still use ver9 and my migation to X will be slow.

I still see no reason to migrate to X on my type of work

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

actually I just facing trouble in analyzing the volume.. it showed this action can't performed on sheet body solids.. maybe I did some mistake when turning the drawing to solid @@..

anyway... thanks to all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is not ver 9 problem

Your solid is not closed

Sheet solid is a solid of thickness zero (solid made from one surface or not properly closed )

Surface has NO VOLUME BY DEFINITION