Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wireframe to solid?

Mcam Nut

I have a cad file that I need to convert to a solid. Is there a program I can use to easily do this. we just got solidworks, but I have no training on it at all. can solidworks do this, or is there a way to do this in mastercam that I just dont know about?

wire.jpg

oops, its gone up a bit since I last bought it. $895.00, but still the best money you will ever spend on a surface modeling program. No solids, but it will do things that most other software can't even touch. I would suggest that any serious designers in this forum would do well to download a 30 eval copy and go through the tutorials. Its an incredible program. I use it all the time to fix surface models and them import them back into Mastercam.

This is straight from the Rhino website:

quote:

Study the specifications. Special modeling for manufacturing features include: accurate numeric input, model analysis and repair tools, sections, silhouettes, DXF/DWG (including AutoCAD 2000), ACIS, Parasolid, STL, and IGES support for AlphaCAM, AusCAM, AUTON CAM, EZ-CAM, CAMSoft, Craft Mill, MasterCAM, Millit, SurfCAM, SUM 3D, UniCAM 3D, VisualMill, and many other CAM products.

Download Rhino, try the tutorials, and use it in production. Support and training are available worldwide, even before you buy.

Order Rhino only when you're convinced $895 is incredible.

Tell me another company that will give you training and support BEFORE you buy their product...