Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

twisty surfaces

rjearl

Is anyone else having problems with X2 twisting surfaces when rotating or mirroring surfaces? I was told by Mastercam QC that there is a problem and it should be addressed with X2 MR1. I'm just surprised that there don't see anyone posting about it. I do alot of surface building / electrode pulling, and this is SLOWING ME DOWN.

How soon till MR1 ???

It's something in IE7 likely, this forum is loaded with people having problems, some get in OK but others cannot connect no matter what they try.

I'll be glad to put them up for you if you want to send them over.

2 suggestions, download and install FileZilla or see if it is possible to rollback to IE6

John you have mail. re: Twisty surfaces

Did I call you Jim....sorry.

Thanks for the welcome folks, I got tired of fighting things alone so I thought I'd try here.I've been using Mastercam for about six years and the MCX/MCX2 transition has about killed me. Our reseller is just a salesman,.....no help.

Thanks Glenn,

That works to fix them "IF" I catch them prior to programming. Is it something in my settings that causes this? We have several people working with Mastercam and I can't guarantee that everyone will do this everytime....just one more thing to remember.

Anyway thanks, I can't believe our reseller and QC@Mastercam could not give me such a quick fix in the last several months of communication.Total dissapointment in the support system.

Well Glenn if you checked his Hasp you would see he does not have solids which mean they very limited on what they can do with them IMHO, thus limits their total ability to do manufacturing, but that is Mastercam and the Dealer fault that the company cheaped out.

Yeah why in the hell would the dealer and Mastercam have have acutally peopleworking their not servants at your becken call.

Not pretty is my boss riding my @#$ about programming problems. I just know I've been trying very hard to resolve some issues using the given resources and have a stack of e-mails about an inch thick that have not included much in the way of help, mostly just...please be patient we're working on it.

quote:

My quess is you are reading files from Pro-e using IGES. See if you can change to step or the direct Pro-e translator or change the IGES export in Pro-e to output as nurbs surfaces.

These files come from Cocreate One Space Designer

I wright them out as step files and import them in to Mcam X2, could there be a setting some where that i need to click to convert these to nerbs surfaces,

To clarify, most if not all of the problem surfaces were not imported from outside Mastercam. Mostly they are "patches" and user created surfaces used in building electrodes.

In addition I get a weird association that I can't get rid of as follows. When I extend the lines used to create a surface, then save & reopen the file, the surface then extends to match the line.Is there a simple setting I am missing.

Thanks Glenn, that seems to work as a remedy fix.

Problem is, we manipulate and build a huge amount of geometry to create electrodes in Mastercam; and I can't guarantee that we'll catch all the twisted surfaces all the time prior to programming.

Are most people using Mastercam only for the toolpaths and receiving the "pulled" electrodes from other software?

Let's hear from the EDM Crowd.