Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Running MC from remote location.

?Mark

Just checked out a demo of Gotomypc. Looks pretty straight forward.

I'll load a trial version and see how it goes.

Any other comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks everyone for your help.

cheers.gif

htm01

quote:

i fix a program,post it and send it over the network to the shop computer.it also has file transfer

That's what I needed to know smile.gif

cheers.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LogMeIn is another alternative. Like GoToMyPC execeptht they offer a free version. The "pro" version alows file transfers & remote printer conection, but the free version will do remote control. As others have said trying to do any graphic inensive program can be a pain, but it'll work in a pinch.

JM2C

The IT guy where I work set my computer up for remote login. I take the hasp home and login to my work computer. I email myself the file I need. Fix it at home. Then email it back to work and put it back on the sever. This stops the lag you get from pc anywhere. Works pretty well. That way I can fix programs for night shift.

quote:

Just go to Microsoft and run the malicious software removal tool first if you have any reservations about your terminal.

I wouldn't count on it. Keyloggers, at least good ones, are made to run in stealth and be undetectable.

I think I shall test your therory though. Just to humor myself. I have a very good keylogger to work with.

quote:

I think I shall test your therory though. Just to humor myself. I have a very good keylogger to work with.

Wouldn't you have to have one that got installed by bypassing the normal registry entries and

GUI's?

Otherwise Microsoft would think it was a legit program and not detect it... headscratch.gif

And if you do have a hack keylogger, one that installs by clicking on a pic or something......I would have to ask why do you have that? tongue.gif

Stork the haxxor biggrin.gif

Well you still have to get passed my router and my antivirus software and spybot and adware to install it heh biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

And if you do have a hack keylogger......I would have to ask why do you have that?

They are an "extremely" useful if you think you might have an issue with a child being somewhere or doing something they are not supposed to be.

Always one step ahead is what I say wink.gif

quote:

You will be able to see all the legit installs by looking in system startup and contril panel.

Yup and so will anyone else who is smart enough to think they know what they are looking for.

When you are trying to be a sneaky SOB, you DO NOT leave your d**k flapping in the breeze, if you know what I mean

Back on topic... I believe that the remote access program on windows XP is only available on XP PRO, not the home edition. I have used it but found that the time lag was an issue for me, too impatient for that. Why not just take the stuff with you and email the NC file from where ever you were? I have done that and found it to be much easier and quicker. I write the program, post the nc file, email it and on my way, any changes to be made are just reposted as either a patch or a whole new nc file....

quote:

got through fire wall without having to go through IT guy

I really don't recommend this guys. Check with your IT people first. This type of connection can seriously jepordize the integerty of your internal network. It bypasses a lot of firewall protocalls. I know you guys bitch about IT but they are there for a reason.

:IT guy signing off: