Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids Issue

Reverend Turk

I have a .060" hole on the bottom of a part that has to meet up with a .030" hole on the top of a part but the .060" hole is coming up on an angle to met the .030" hole. If my part is already a solid and I have used solid extrude to cut the .030" hole...how can I cut out the material for the .060" hole on an angle? I have tried to cut body with the extend to pint but it only goes straight up and not on an angle. I have never had to do this before so I am a little lost. Plus the fact that I don't have alot of experience with solids.

You need to create the circle at the angle you need first then extrude it. If you create the circle and extrude first, then rotate it to the angle you want, it will still extrude in the same direction making a oval effect. I dont know why it does this but it does.

Ok...with my VERY limited solids experience I can't seem to make this work. I put the file on the FTP. ftp://www.ppcadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/solids/

The file name is Cavity Section.

When you are looking at the part in ISO you will see four circles on the bottom of the part and four .030" holes on the top in the same row. I am trying to angle the holes to match these. I hope this makes sense. Any help would be great. I really want to understand this more.

Turk, it looks like you have already "lofted cut"

the holes. cav_section_b is I think what you are

trying to achive. I used a larger hole dia. to show. You may have to adjust the position or location. If you want to drill the angled holes,

you need to create the arc at the angle you want to drill, in this case, normal to the green lines,

as has been mentioned above.