Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bugs in 9

Elad

So here is what i found :

1. Can't backplot or verify simple closed arc contour when cutter comp.-machine.

2. let's say i have 5 operations and 2 tools.

I use the first tool for 2 operations and the second tool for 3 operations.

when i select all-renumber tools,(lets say starting from tool 1),i get tool 1 and then it jumps to tool 3.it counts the operaions and not the tools.i hope you could understand my point.it is annoying bug!

3.few times a day my computer just stuck.i have no idea why.i didn't have this problem with v8.

The first bug i wrote(contouring closed arc with cutter comp in control) must have patch or somthing,it's impossible to work like this.i all the time have to change it to cutter comp in computer if i want to see the backplot.

[ 03-16-2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: elad ]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

1. Can't backplot or verify simple closed arc contour when cutter comp.-machine.

Elad this for the machine. this were you put the half the tool dia in the control of the machine. this why it does not see it.

quote:

2. let's say i have 5 operations and 2 tools.

I use the first tool for 2 operations and the second tool for 3 operations.

when i select all-renumber tools,(lets say starting from tool 1),i get tool 1 and then it jumps to tool 3.it counts the operaions and not the tools.i hope you could understand my point.it is annoying bug!

I will be testing this thought.

quote:

3.few times a day my computer just stuck.i have no idea why.i didn't have this problem with v8.

Well I have to say it is your computer from my thought.

I do not run into this on either of my work stations using them all day to diffrent locations.

No troubles.

Now along these thoughts ,I am not saying there is not any bugs but just covering your thoughts here.

Jay,

When you mark the "simulate cutter compensation" in the "settings" of the backplot,you should see the backplot with no problems.

It works fine if the contour is not closed arc.but when it is closed arc,you get the message "simulate cutter comp. stoped at entity .... this is where the control will stop,check for arcs less the then....."

If you will break the closed arc for 2 pieces, it will work,it will only stuck if your arc is close.

[ 03-16-2002, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: elad ]

as far as i know,there is no patch yet.

My computer is Intel pentium 750 mhz

3d card : nvidia gforce 3

256 mb ram

the newest intel motherboard.

operating system windows 2000 pro (service pack 2)

I have nothing on this computer!

only win2000 pro and Mastercam.

no antivirus,no internet,nothing.just Mastercam,and my computer in conected to our network.

What can be the problem??

Thanks.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Elad,

Please make sure you're reporting this to [email protected] this is the only way that things get fixed. When sending possible bugs, send a sample file (unless the possible can be replicated with a line or rectangle and a few tolpaths or something like that. Also, the steps required to replicate the bug. If possible send screen shots so that the QC dept. can identify settings etc.... It is some work to do this but if nobody actually took the time to report possible bugs then the software would never get better.

For those out there who claim "it's not my job to do that"(report bugs) and would rather openly critisize(sp?) Mastercam(or any other software Mfr) well, all I can say is that if you spent as much time reporting possible bugs as you do critisizing(sp?) them then you would have been part of the solution eh?

JM2C

hey all,

i've been experiencing some "weird" functions in version9. i downloaded the patches that were mentioned earlier but still seem to come across some wacky stuff. for instance if i want to draw a line from endpoint to endpoint and my cplane is in 3D, mastercam will put the line on z0.0 regardless of where the actual points are. now if i my cplane is set to 3D but i go into it and select 3D again it'll work. -almost as if it's not recognizing 3d mode the first time.

another weird thing i've come across is with the translate-squash. the result is put on 0.00 regardless of where i have my "z" set to at the moment. i don't remember it doing that in version 8.

sorry for the long post but am i overlooking something? seems all my trouble is associated with Z-0. is there a setting or something i missed? thanks for any help in advance.

confused.gif -bob

Backplot of full circle arc moves with simulate cutter comp ON and cutter comp in Control is a known bug in V9.0, and we will correct it in a service pack which was plan for sometime in mid- to late- April. Backplot problems are not something we can fix in an 'App' - it'll require a new .EXE. There will be several bug fixes in this patch. Stay tuned for more details as the time approaches...

PDG

found, yet, another problem.

when i create>line>horizontal,or vertical it will ocassionally crash my session of MC.

what gives? it's not like these are highly intense applications or anything-just lines! i had it happen alot yesterday and it would only allow me to draw so many at a shot before crashing, i solved this by drawing a few less than the number that made it crash the time before and then i would file>save and then continue-this seemed to work. today i was drawing one horizontal line and it crashed! mad.gif

is there a setting i missed?? confused.gif

thanks for any help.

-bob

I don't have that problem,so i belive it's some kind of hardware of software conflict.

I don't think it's a bug in Mastercam.

By the way,sometimes,when i work on a solid body, when i click toolpath-operation,all the entities(including the solid body) change the color.when i close the operation mannger,the original color is back,but when i click toolpath,it changes again tongue.gif the only way to fix it is to save the file and then load it again.

Does anyone have this problem??