Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal Error

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this. I was trying to run a job on a Fadal 4020 today at work and I kept getting the following error message. Fixture offset must be applied with G0 or G1 at N226. The N226 line had the first arc move in the program, but there was no fixture offset callout on that line. I looked this error up in the Fadal manual but was still unable to correct the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Justin

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Errors like that I usually send to the Applications Dept. at the machine tool builder. Send them a slice of the code (usually the whole toolpath) and see what they think. It does sound a bit odd.

Thanks for the replies. I removed all the E callouts except for the first one at the start of the program and still had the same error. I think this error got me a few years back at another shop but I can't remember what the solution was. I guess I will have to send the code to the apps department. I'm a long way from Chattsworth Ca. I grew up in Ventura County about twenty minutes from Fadal, but now I'm in Pennsylvania. If anyone else out there had this error before let me know, I have a feeling the fix is something easy but I'm just overlooking it.

Justin

I talked to Fadal and they said it's because I have a value in my fixture offset table for an axis that is not being called up in the program. In this case it is the B-axis. The machine I am running is a 5-axis machine but the program I am using only uses XYZA not B. So Fadal says I have to remove the B-value from my fixture offset table or put a B0 in my program before the first G2 or G3. I won't know if this works until tommorrow when I get to work but I will post the result in case anyone is wants to know.

Thanks again

Justin

quote:

are you liking all the Haas machines?

Not really no.

I don't have to run them however but I did have to change a couple of my machining defaults right out the gate to get good finishes and hold size.

Can you read "SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW it down!!!!!!!"

The job itself is going well, the GM is floored that the work is actually lowing out of the shop, even the guys on the floor have commented on the fact they are busy and someone is supporting THEM.

Told the GM yesterday I was need to need to pump some more work into my schedule, he kind of laughed and said, "In a year and half, I have not had the problem of finding more work for the shop"

It's been very neglected here, so some semblance of order and planning has made a big impact right out of the gate.

SO it's going good.

Thanks again for all your replies. Adding a B0 to the program fixed the problem. However, this is my first four/five axis job, most of wich is all four axis. Just rotating to position then cutting and I am trying to customize the MPFADAL1 Post. So far I can get it to post the A rotation moves but there are alot of other issues that I need to fix. It should be a real good learning experience. I'm sure I will have some questions for you guys.

Anyway thanks again

Justin