Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Printing from X2

Thee Starry™

That does seem strange. Not sure what to tell you, print works fine over here.

A whiles back when X first came out, the 100% scale was a tad off. If you carefully measured the print, it wasn't spot on with the part. MC9 was right on, but not X. However, that has long since been fixed.

Maybe you're out of ink? (Bad joke)

You sure X2 is pointing to your printer? Wait, sure it is - its printing as you said...just blanks.

Oh well, disregard my post. I have nothing to offer, as this sure does sound puzzling to me.

Michael,

Are you printing or plotting? They used to be 2 seperate features in V9, but they've been combined in X. The general rule is if you send it to the plotter, select a scale. If you don't select a scale, it'll just be a screen shot (the old V9 Hardcopy).

There have been plenty of issues with plotting with MC while still being able to plot with other software. We plot with UG and Autocad without a hitch, but constantly have problems with MC.

So, are you printing or plotting?

Thad

Printing, not plotting. Yeah, it is a total mystery to me. It is rare that I need to print from MC, but it sure would be more convenient.

My current workaround is, when I do need to print, I open the file in Pro/E and print from there.

Oh well, what are ya gonna do. Could be worse, I could have no ability to print at all.

It does have to do with the printer and its drivers. I can print wire frames but not solids.

I can't print my solids on a ricoh we have but I can print on a HP. One solution was to print to a pdf first...Cutepdf...a freebie listed in an earlier post works. This problem seems to be printer specific.

I tried to print something just now and while I was looking at the print preview MC crashed and gave me 3 error reports to send when it then could not find the error reports and probably sent blank reports. Launching the file revealed the file had reverted back to when I came into work this morning even though I'm pretty sure I've done a save at least once today.

• 1 year later...