Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

leather

TwinCam88

Froze some rubber stoppers once to machine....maybe even freeze the leather piece in a tray of water (slightly submurged)

Todd, did you use work in a shop before "goin Mastercam" ?? I often wonder about the backgrounds of you tek folks, know your buddy thats in Europe with Mold Plus had computer engineering? degree. Abbu? He did my installation and I was probably as computer illiterate as they come bonk.gif probably why he left for Europe shortly thereafter rolleyes.gif

Anbu now owns Moldplus. He was here on a student VISA and they caught him not being a student. I worked for AP Parts in Toledo for 30 years in their engineering center (now FAURECIA) prior to working at FASTech for Bob. We did mostly prototype stamping dies for exhaust systems (mufflers). My wife considers me a GEEK as I have 5 PC's in my office at home and another on the way wink.gif

quote:

My wife considers me a GEEK as I have 5 PC's in my office at home and another on the way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am catchin up ya, with 3 here and wanting a Dell notebook, have come a long way but have a long way to go...looked at a used 3 axis mill today hmmmmmmm that or another motorcycle or debt reduction bonk.gif

I don't think you'd want to submerge your leather in water, that can permanently change it's color and texture, and probably make it shrink. I'd think a vacuum table would work well for holding it. If you're going to be doing a lot of it, you could rig up a liquid Nitrogen squirter to chill the leather around where the tool will be cutting to stiffen it.