Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ug vr. mc

dan m

Cost of posts? UG is not like Mastercam in that you do not just go to a three day call and take off. Last time I talked to a UG rep he estimated 6 months before you could rely on good programs in a timely manner. I looked at UG when I made the jump to 5 axis. The training issue was a major factor. Of course I was assuming some programmer turn around. When you look at the work pool in my area its 20-1 Mastercam vs UG. The final straw was I found a teacher out west that was certified in Mastercam and UG. Since he rep’ed both softwares he would not tell me which was better just that they each had its strong points. I worded a question something like this “If I contracted you to do 5 axis programming for me what software would you use.” He paused and then said Mastercam.

Higher cost, longer training times, Small work pool and not enough advantage to make someone who is trained in it pick it over Mastercam.