Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas trunnion table

John Q

Just got a new VF5 Haas with a trunnion table.

When I run a 5 axis programs the table movement will sometimes be jerky. I have talked with some people at MC and some have told me that it is just Haas and some told me it had to do with G93 and some say it is a parameter I need to tweek. I called Haas and they say they never heard of this it must be Mastercams program. I got programs from MC that they say should run fine. Have any of you had this problem and solved it. Guys I did seached and did find this problem on the forum but I did not see an answer or at least one that change what was happening.

I am using a Haas post that I got from the guys at Mastercam. I had them look at it twice and they said it the same one they use.

It is a trunnion table. B axis rotates about the

Z axis and A about the x axis it has a limit of

120 degrees. Model STR160H

Thanks for the help guys!!

Did you buy the high speed machining control option in your Haas? When I post programs that have a lot of very small moves (high cut tolerance) along with high feedrates the movement is jerky. This is because the machine can move faster than the control can process code. The Haas high speed option gives the control about a 40% gain.

We have had the same problem on our trunnion. and our programs are have tons of info in them. Our post is only set to post put out F1999. in G93 mode, but if we turn feed override up it starts going away.

Another question is where did you guys get your post. We are use a generic 5 axis post from v9 disk and we are not so good at editing to make it do what we want.

John you prolly are running Don's post, or atleast should be. The jerk caused on the machine maybe because the moves are to large creating sharpcorners in the path making acc/dec kick in causing the jerk.

There are smoothing params in the machine that can be tweaked also.

On the haas control, under settings, there is a place for the rotary diameter. When used it automatically adjusts feeds so inv time does not have to be used.

Give me a call, I'm going down to charleston in the next few weeks and might could stop by.