Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

new PC and V8

CH

Trying to run V8 on a brand new HP workstation Core2 duo,4gigs ram, XP pro , Nvidia Quadro 1500.

It starts fine , does tool path , back plots , regens , rotates etc... BUT it goes in to NOT RESPONDING when I try to do a file save.

Other than not using V8 does anyone have any suggestions.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Probably was a HASP issue. Though usually if there are HASP issues the software won;t run but there have been a couple occasions where I've experienced sketchy behavior on certain functions (File Open/Saves especally) where it fixed it... Anyway, glad I was able to somewhat help.

You should seriously consider moving to X though. V8 is like 10 year old software. biggrin.gif

Man Oh Man. Remember when V8 came out? That was some big doins. I was pretty happy with the change to V7 and it all got associative. Anyone want to go back to V6 for a week???

I did some pretty cool stuff with V6....

And Yea. Upgrading is a great idea if you can swing it. There have been a TON of things change that would make you a LOT faster and more productive. Just in the programming time much less the new tool paths

quote:

You should seriously consider moving to X though. V8 is like 10 year old software

V8 router is about 6 years old and we do have and use X2. We are on maintenance and have all the updates. biggrin.gif

But believe it or not X2 can not do a basic tool path that V8 can, headscratch.gif it is a simple multi pass with a ramp. So until X can do this tool path we will be forced to keep it around. X may be great for all the complex tool paths required for 3d parts but it has no real advantage for simple 2d tool path with some drill holes and a few nested parts.

IMO