Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2MR2 Lathe Enhancements

FITIN IRISH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I personally believe that the people that have Lathe only... CNC OWES THEM X3 FOR FREE!!!

Essentially there has been almost nothing of substance done since V8! curse.gif

:popcorn:

Our lathes are taking the mill jobs, Swiss machines are over whelming our shop, big time!. For good reason, they kick butt. headscratch.gif

You'd think the #1 selling CAM would pick up on this since profits are (above) record highs. Looks like a good time for the competitors to gain market share.

We were looking for a cam package (MASTERCAM wasn't even mentioned) this would include milling. Could this be the beginning of the demise of the "Roman Empire"?

[ 09-29-2007, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: danbo ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...see what X3 brings...

I've been hearing that since V9, X, X2, etc...

It's old. This discussion is 10 years old.

I should not have said lathe people have not benefitted at all, they have up to date file conversions AND a new interface. Other than that nothing.

Actually when you think about it, If you use turn mill, (all) new milling enhancements apply to lathe also. I would really like to see twin spindle & twin turret functions, Transfer Stock/ext. made EASIER or better. They are a nightmare! mad.gif

I hate bring this up again but Swiss style machining. Even if it were a separate entity and we had to pay more. It could be linked to milling similar to lathe.