Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

50 Taper Right -Angled Head

TMozzone

I'm with iowajim62. We just bought one for a 40 taper and it worked great. We had the salesman in so we could ask questions and show him what we were doing. He actually saved us alot of $$$. We couldn't have been happier with the support that we got from them. From any aspect of the RAH all the way down to the custom mounting block that we made.

Are you looking for flange mounted RAH or do you plan on using your tool changer to handle the tool changes?

We have a few different brands in here including Big Sheppard, Koma, and Alberti.

They all work very well. For slimline heads I would recommend Koma, but there is no internal coolant lines in them. The Big Shephard heads are nice & sturdyas well as Alberti.

I have never used them for tapping so I have no input on that end, but if you plan on drilling I would definitely look into being able to use the tool changer. Most likely you will lose a pocket on either side of RAH. You will also have to machine for a block on the spindle face (watch out for coolant channels). If you have a Big Plus spindle it could be very tricky.