Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bolt Circle Strangeness

Hey all,

I have a series of holes that I have drawn in with the specified angles on drawing. If you noticed the Y's in the yellow boxes are opposite to each other. When I expanded the dimensions to be 4 decimal places, I got Y2.4375 and Y-2.4375 respectively. Why is choosing the round up/down differently with only 3 decimal places?

It's not critical for our application, but I would like to know why this is.

Thanks!

BoltCircle.jpg

quote:

What seems even weirder is that the 2 lowest locations seem to have had no such issue.(X1.667 Y4.581)

It was prolly between 1-4 tenths, there fore was automatically rounded down.

quote:

That's because he didn't circle those ones.

You chucklehead tongue.giftongue.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

The holes that I circled in the picture all are only 4 decimals on mine. I set it to round for 6 places and it only came up to 2.4375. The two at the bottom that are 20 deg's off 270 came out to a 6 decimal place format...

Still is a quandry. Maybe I need to circle the other two at the bottom and they will change as Keeb suggested? haha Goofball