Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

c-hooks list

Programinator

Shawn,

In Help, search for "chook" and you'll find a list of the chooks that come standard with MC and a description of what they do.

Myself, I really like Ai Utility (free) and Ai Freehand (not free any more), both from Takashi Sato from Ai Solutions.

Thad

Perry,

To use them, hit Alt+C and the list will come up.

A chook is an application that runs inside of MC. Usually, they automate tasks. If you know how to write the code, there is little that you can't do with chooks.

As far as what advantages they have, their description pretty much tells you that.

Thad

quote:

In Freehand Contour can you make the tool not shaded?

No, unless you know how to write code and can figure it out yourself.

Why would you want it not shaded? It's shaded so when you click around, you can see what areas have been cut.

Thad

You missed out, Perry. From another thread...

quote:

Unfortunately, I've removed freehand.zip from our website, because that chook is not a freeware anymore..(my boss's order!
tongue.gif
)

I'm sorry.

But, if you already have it, you can use it freely.

Thad

I guess sometimes want to see through it, to see if the window I am making is straight or how much it is overhanging the part. It does exactly what I want but sometimes it blocks the part out when I want to see it.

Hey Perry email MC and ask them to add it to MC3.

Greg

• 2 years later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

My favorite C-Hook is CoonsSurf. They should have never relegated that feature/function to C-Hook status. I love the way flowline toolpaths work on those surfaces.