Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 mr2 and wide screen monitors

Beardog

quote:

I have not seen a wide screen yet that didn't stretch. No matter the video card. You have to compare side by side.. Sure they look nice when thats all your looking at. Great for multi tasking programs, but not 3d graphics.

What do you mean ?

I don't have anything to compare "side-by-side" but I created a circle in Mastercam then measured it on the screen with my calipers and it is round on-screen not stretched out or oval or anything...

Using a Samsung SyncMaster 215TW. Love it.

P.S. I am using the native resolution of 1680 x 1050

At work I run a Dell 20' and a no name 20in widescreen

At home a Dell 20" and Samsung 24" wide screen.

Both machines run Quadro FX-3450 video cards

with NVIDIA drivers.

On both machines, circles is circles, there is no stretching.

This is true for Mastercm V9, X2_MR2, Catia V5_R17

NX5 and Solidworks 2007/2008.

I frequently run 2 sessions of X2, one on the regular screen, one on the wide screen and they

are identical... circles is circles

headscratch.gif

Ok I think some people are seeing things. I too run one setup with Dual 22" and a Quadro 3500 and another running Dual 24" and a Quadro 4500 then I run 3 15" wide screen and 1 17" wide laptops with Quadro to just NVIDIA Go video. Oh and a 20" wide with a Quadro 550 and not one of them compared to the two 19" and 2 15" and 2 17" reg screens I have in my arsenal of screens have a stretched image.

The thing you need to remember is drivers and native resolution. I have seen in many a shop people run them and say I hate these it stretches the screen, I then set the screen correct and they love them.

Oh did I mention the 19”wide with the NVIDIA 8600GTS I have to. Runs MC and my wife use’s it for Adobe photo shop and doing are website.

Bottom line folks make sure all is set correct and give them a try. I doubt that you won't agree they are really nice.

Have a great day.

PS Santa is coming soon and you might want to ask for a Widescreen monitor.