Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horizontal Programming

Dave Ball

I'm new to horizontals and I need help understanding how to setup the work offsets. The machine is a mori seiki MH500. I want to use one work offset at the center of rotation of my pallet so I never have to change it but I'm not sure how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. I need to do work on the left, right, and front of my parts. I have solids of my fixture and parts to work with. Any suggestions or preferably a program I could use as a sample.

I think you would still need to set multiple Cplanes/Tplanes to define the XY "face" your working on. But their zero location can be at the center of the rotary.

You should be able to create one Cplant/Tplane and rotate it for the other faces, if you know the angle between the faces.

I have samples of this in my training CD.

Mike Mattera

• 1 month later...

Right now you have five different view origins. To use only one offset you have to have only one origin. The easiest way is to make the origin at the center of the pallet but the part needs to be placed EXACTLY in the right location on your fixture as it is in MC. The other way is to use a single origin located at the stop "corner" of the part. To use this method though you will need to run your part offset through a coordinate rotation subprogram. If you run only one part in every program then the pallet center should work very well. If you're going to run multiple parts the part origin would probly be better.

Edit: The WCS is set on the MC Top plane. That's where I set mine but if you have the same origin point set in all of your working planes, the WCS can be in any top plane.

Edit-2: Also you have a seperate offset inside the view manager foe each plane.

Sheffer CNC,

I placed a file on the FTP called:

KC 4 AXIS HORIZONTAL SAMPLE.MCX

It is in the MCX MR2 or earlier folder.

This has atombstone in it where I drilled on each side. If you were to post this using the free MPmaster post from this site it would give you correct rotations.

Note in the WCS manager the tool planes I have labeled for B0.0,B90.0,B180.0,B270.0 are actually just copies of the Front,Right,Back, and left sides respectively. I use this file, minus the drill operations to start all of my horizontal programming.

Hope this helps, biggrin.gif