Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wireframe lines on a solid in X2

PATTSUPV

I did toggle the hidden lines, these lines are not hidden they are lines that should not be on a 2-D view, they just make it hard to read. I will try the radial curve display and see how that works but the problem is not in the isometric view. Apparently V9 did this also but I never realized it because I worked only with 3-D models. Now I have to produce a 2-D view for Engineering to make a layout from and it is pretty discouraging to see the results. I can't believe this has never come up before?

Yes V9 did this and a lot worse. It got better in one of the Beta cycles. 180 radial display is going to be about as good as it gets. I spend hours a week sometimes removing all the extra junk. Solidworks, Pro-E, UG, and other Cad systems do not do this, but they are CAD systems not Cam systems.

Sorry can not offer a better picture over what it is.

It has been talked about and asked about many many times. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Ron will be happy to hear that the X3's Solid Layout function will have a Radial Angle control AND a checkbox next to it to turn it off or on.

also...

In X2 MR2, there is a backdoor method available to turn them off. If you've run Solids Layout at least once, there should be a CommonPrmDrawing.PRM file. Open this in a text editor and find the line that looks like this...

10 0

...change it to this...

10 1

That will turn off display of the radial angle lines altogether.