Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

can't see verification

Thoob

I just wanted to know. I finished my part and am able to do a backplot to see how it runs, however I can't verify it. I choose verify and then scan toolpaths, but when I press play, it shows nothing, even though I have it to show tool and holder. The % keeps increasing so I know its running but with nothing but the stock block. Any ideas? This is X2 MR2

quote:

Doesn't scanning toolpath do that for you?

It should give you something to see, not always correct for the application. might have to make up a stock file to the correct shape in instances.

What kind of part are you verifying? is it lathe or mill? if it's lathe , set up your stock first o.d, i.d, length ,z face, ect.

Thoob,

Go to your stock setup in the toolpath manager

and click on select corners. Then while in the top view select just outside the part to draw a window then just out side on the opposite corner

to finish the window size. Adjust your Z height a little above zero say for instance .050 in the box on the lower left, then on the picture to the right it has a box for the Z.

In that box enter a value about .100 thicher than your part actually is. That should do it for setting up your stock for verify. Save your file so it will always define your stock correctly when you open this file.

There are other methods also but this will work to accomplish your goal of seeing it verify.

Have you tried to set your stock up? In your operation manager/Properties/stock setup. Maybe try the bounding box then increase it by .05.

Are you using vista?

What kind of video card?

Install disk again & do a repair.

I've herd sometimes the mouse drivers can affect MC.

Has Verify worked before this?

If so try a different file. Maybe it's corrupted.

Yes verify works. I added another toolpath with a 2D contour with a 1/2 endmill and the first tool didn't show but the 1/2 endmill did. So I'm assuming its the tool itself. Can one of you try to define a slot mill with a 5.187 dia? Inserts are .629 in thickness with a .3145 rad. I'm trying to cut a concave path into the side of a part. Just define that type of tool and let me know if it verifies. Thanks alot for this help guys. I really appreciate it.

quote:

Can one of you try to define a slot mill with a 5.187 dia? Inserts are .629 in thickness with a .3145 rad

try changing the corner radii to .312 or even .3140 ... just slightly under a full round cutting edge.

Slot mills won't accept a full radius definition, but define it with a .001 flat and it should work

quote:

Slot mills won't accept a full radius definition, but define it with a .001 flat and it should work

Thanks G I was doing this today and going grey trying to get verify to run.

I was going to send it in to QC.

This sounds like a bug are CNC aware of this?

cheers.gifcheers.gif