Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Laptop

ROBERT J CRITELLI JR

I agree Ron, I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit on a P4 3ghz with 2 gigs Ram and it's slow and suc*s. So no not everyone who complains "doesn't try it"

As I have said to a few people, if your doing simple 2D flat stuff you might get by with it. I have brought in complex 3D models and it is a dog, there is a video clip around of one of them dancing right off the screen.

I'm running Vista on all my computers now. There's been some growing pain and it definitely requires optimization to get it to run smoothly (re: good video drivers which are now out). Also ensuring the auto level increase is turned on so your not always asked the "accept or deny" questions. Also when you map network drives, ensure you map them in the enhanced (administrator) level as well to avoid some network programs from not running right.

My personal laptop is a Dell M90 running 4 GB of RAM. The biggest "hog" part that folks notice is the system loading the cache everytime it's restarted, and the indexing going on. The trick is to never turn off your computer, just put it into sleep mode.

Jay

..resistance is futile.. you will be assimulated.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have a guniea pig at home with Vista Business...

I'm getting ready to do some tests to give some actual numbers to my rant... so far... NOT the way to go just playing around with it.