Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cuttercomp on arc

neurosis

I seem to have a problem forgetting to turn cutter comp off in my operations when going from a 2d contour to 2d ramp (for ramping bores) and my post keeps outputting cuttercomp in the radius even though Ive unchecked that option in the control definition. My question, is there a way to keep it from outputting the cuttercomp in the rad line in the post or in a case like my absent mindedness where I forget to turn it off or change it to "computer" is there a way to change several operations at a time to turn the cutter comp off?

How about setting your toolpath with the way you want for the bore then export it to your operation library and label a new group as "bore no cutter comp" with just that operation.

Then just import the op next time and reselect geometry and z depths.

[ 02-20-2008, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: edmBosto ]

quote:

I wish that the settings would give you a choice to default to a set distance rather than a percentage of the tool.

I'm not sure exactly what setting you're referring to, but you can change the default settings of any toolpath type by editing the .DEFAULTS file.

Thad