Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tools keep duplicating!?!

neurosis

Is there a way to keep this from happening? When I am creating different profiles using the same tool, if I change the feed rate from one profile to another, I later look at my tool list and it has the same tool duplicated several times for each operation. Is this normal? Is there a way to get this to stop?

OH yes... I should add that I think that it only does this when I copy or move tool path to another tool path group

quote:

I should add that I think that it only does this when I copy or move tool path to another tool path group

I will get the notice shown below from the tools manager when bringing into a new machine group. I then pick no when I'm asked do I wish to create another tool. I have no duplicate problems when working inside another toolpath group. Do you mean machine group?

Similartool.jpg

You also should see this when posting:

Multiple tools with the same tool # were found

force a tool change?

This occurs even if they are one after another.

I get the same thing in the same tool group

where I have 5-tool 2's(1/2 em say) all with

different feeds and speeds.

This occurs because MC gives you the option to

pick one with the feed and or speed you may want.

(i think)

There may be a default setting for the first tool

made and leave then multiples 'out' also. headscratch.gif

But it does not affect anything accept the force

tool change pop up for me.

Rick

Neurosis,

if I understand you correctly, sometimes the same thing happened to me. Don't know why. Once I noticed the duplicate tools I'd delete out the extras, but then I have to regen. the files the duplicate tool was associated with. mad.gif I haven't seen it since I've been using X2 MR2 SP1.

Oh by the way, you need to "obey" Thad's rule and put your version level in your siggy so we know where you're coming from. smile.gif