Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

not posting ALL operations?

Jason B.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? I have 8 operations selected to post, all with the same NC path and name. But when I post them, It will select all but number 6 and 7. It then writes the posted file and then unselects the others and selects 6 and 7 and asks for an NC name for them. If I choose the same name it will ask to overwrite the existing file. Why wont it write the NC file with ALL the operations selected? It is no good to me otherwise. headscratch.gif

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Cad/Cam Advantage, Inc.

Mastercam X2

I have had that happen too. Try highlighting all operations and right click on the group name. Then click on edit selected operations and change NC file name to what you want. This works for me even though the NC file name appears to be right the first time.

If I remember right, this happens when I bring in someone else's file and add ops to it.

This problem is related to a bug with the internal NCI path not being tokenized. Normally it occurs when you have an older file brought into a newer version and it doesn't recognize the PATH as being the same because of our internal token scheme. The fix is to rename the NC path/filename for all operations and then save the file.

A fix was put into either MR2 or MR2 SP1 to keep this from happening going forward, but it will NOT fix existing files.