Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotary axis gouge

kkominiarek

Ken I would approach this with a curve 5axis toolpath. I would use the same chain, just change the output to 4 axis and then use to point and the origin as that point. Can give you a file if not sure how to approach it. If you do not have 5ax module not sure what to tell you since what you did with the axis sub looks right.

HTH

Dont know why but if you rotate the part

so that the small end is parallel to the

y axis the gouge moves to the other end

ie; the end that is not parallel to the

y axis gouges when the path is generated

creating some other geometry it turns out

that the greater the angle from the axis

the bigger the gouge

• 2 weeks later...

You first need to unroll the curved geometry

Xform >> roll

Chhoose the 3D chain you wish to unroll, click unroll, click the axis you wish to unroll about.

After the geometry is then flat, then do a simple 2D contour, in the Rotary button, click on axis substitution and set all the cutting parameters there.

quote:

You first need to unroll the curved geometry

Xform >> roll

xform ...unroll, this was the key i needed.

but!!!.....now when i code my file my code and clearance moves are out of whack. headscratch.gif

my code was mostly z & b moves and clearances were posted as i set them. z moves matched the model file. (this is good)

now my code is mostly y & b moves and my clearance moves have 302.9mm added to them. nothing matches my model file.

path looks good but but not in right place.

do i have to adjust my planes either on operation parameter page or toolplane or c-plane?