Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dynamic tangency arc not working

CDL2042

I just updated to MR2 SP1, and now when I try to create a dynamic arc, it uses the opposite end of the entity for the start of the arc. Anyone have an idea why?

This is a prime example of why I dread every new release, same amount of bugs, just in different places.

Suggestion for MR3. Don't release it until it is actually better than X,X2,X2MR1, etc.

quote:

Mastercam X2 SP1

If that is accurate I believe THAT is where your problem lies.

There has been some improvements to tangency creation.

BTW, there will be NO MR3

Well I would like to know what a

quote:

dynamic arc

is.

I looked through the create arc dialog and I can not find dynamic arc. SO I am thinking it is incorrect or improper usage

I'm pretty sure that's what he's talking about, 'cause I get the same thing. Create arc tangent dynamic, click a line and drag to an end, and about 25% of the time the arc starts in the middle or at the other end. Deleting and recreating the line often fixes it, but not always.

X2 MR2 SP1

XP Pro 64

Quadro FX540

At what point does the new arc appear on the wrong end? After you click the endpoint, you can drag the arc bigger or smaller. Do you see it then or after you give it an arc size and hit OK?

It almost kinda sounds like an autocursor override happening when it isn't wanted. headscratch.gif

Thad

Yes, I didn't update my signature. I am running MR2 SP1, and yes I know you need to drag the arrow to the right end. It doesn't work, and I was just looking for possible solutions.

I'm going to try redrawing the line as Matt suggested.

BTW it worked in X2 sp1.

Thanks

Thad,

I am trying to create a line tangent to an arc and through a particular point. Angle unknown.

Line has to go through point and be tangent to said arc.

I used to be able to do this in V9??

Where am I going wrong??

Lee,

If your point and arc are on the screen,

Create >> Line, make sure the tangent button is depressed, click the arc and then use the auto cursor to select the point.

Should be done