Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Contact Programming

F800R

We are looking for contract programmers for vertical machining centers with 4th axis/indexers. Our company is a OEM manufacturer of precision components. We currently are experiencing a lot of first time run parts requiring new CNC programs.

We prefer someone located in the western NY area, but this not a requirement. Ability, cost and delivery will be priorities. Anyone interested please email me, I will supply our company information and I can send a sample prints and 3D models. We are looking to hire on for this position ASAP.

Please include price, experience and delivery ability in your response, also a list of current or recent customers would be appreciated.

Requirements:

Mastercam X or X2 ( the majority of our seats are still at X, so this would be the preferred version)

5+ years in Prismatic Machining experience

Multi fixture offset programming

Ability to take 2D prints to complete 3D solid models

Experience with Haas VMC w/ Indexers & 4th axis

Set-up sheets, Process instructions and Tooling information (templates supplied)

Regards,

Kyle Klaver

[email protected]

quote:

the majority of our seats are still at X, so this would be the preferred version

I gave this try for a company and never again anyone brave enough to go backwards to give you code if brave indeed. X2 is a time saving, cost saving, very efficient program and your company needs to get to the idea progress is there for a reason.

I know there are people willing out there doing contract work that don't mind using a unstable, problem causing version.

quote:

Mastercam X or X2 ( the majority of our seats are still at X, so this would be the preferred version)

I am our CAD/CAM administrator so to speak. Because I have the task of configuring/keeping posts and Chooks up to date, you use what version I say is current. No MC9, no MCX, just MCX2-MR1 (I just started the upgrade process for all users to MR2). We have the same policy for ProE, Vericut, Renishaw Productivity+, and all software. You use the version that the admin says or you don't use it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, asking for trouble going backwards IMHO. While I was contracting that was my policy - NO EXCEPTIONS. Missed out on a little bit of business, but not enough to make is worth considering revising the policy.

TTBOMK the contract guys I know only work in the latest release (excluding Beta of course), can't really work in Beta unless the company are Beta testers as well.

JM2C

For those of you questioning why X instead of X2. My company has decided to change CAM systems. Mastercam is our legacy system, therefore the only one seat is keep up to date and the rest stay at the current level. Myself I would prefer we stay with Mastercam, but this decision was made prior to me joining the company.

By contracting a programmer and requiring version X many people in our company can work with the programs. If I let them work in X2 then only one can work with it.

Considering we are a "paying customer", if you can't or won't follow the requirements please do submit your name for consideration. Its that easy to stay out of a X.

Regards,

Kyle Klaver

[email protected]

Not sent so don't worry about that. If they are changing then I would think this new greater more powerful software should be the software they go after for work. Weird the legacy program is the one they want for new programs. When your new software is the only software is your company then going to go back and reprogram them when you slow down? Good luck and hope you guys get someone to bail you out.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes, quite odd. headscratch.gif

Seems like you (the "paying customer" biggrin.gif ) would want your contractor to use the new and improved CAM system... unless there are none, or unless they are SERIOUSLY expensive.

Just food for thought.

A lot of shops switch to "new and improved"

but when you sneak in the back door to see how the

work is getting done.. its the old "tried and true" biggrin.gif

Been there done that... a quater million bucks worth of NX and everyone was still using Mastercam

and SolidWorks.... then they got the NX maintenance bill. That was the end of that biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

We after showing the response to the powers to be here at my company. They see the light to upgrade our remaining seat. So if any of you all which like to work in X2 and are still interested. Please shot me an email.

Thanks for all those who have sent emails we will be contracting 1-3 people.

Kyle

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah. definitely want to support the LEGIT guys as opposed to the pirate.png

Might want to ask who their reseller is and check on 'em too while you're at it.

I've seen crack V9 files that cannot be opened in legitmate Mastercam. I don't know if that is true of the crack X and X2 that's making the rounds.

It is definitely worth your while to make sure your contract guys are legit... If they've got no problems screwing Mastercam and legal users,

they'll have no problem screwing you either wink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...It's very interesting to read everyone's thoughts on the matter. Especially about the pirates...

Just looking out for the legit folks that's all. There's PLENTY of guys out there that nutted up and bought it (even small one person operations).

CNC Apps Guy teh "support the LEGIT Contract Programmers" biggrin.gif

quote:

Just looking out for the legit folks that's all.

I hear ya man, I have a unique perspective on this myself. The one man bands (illegit) ruin it for the folks shelling out hard made cash to do it legit and is criminal to them and to CNC to support them.