Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Steady Rest Definition

Mick

Hi there,

We're using (or attempting to use) the steady rest function, in Mastercam Lathe (X2 MR2 SP1). However, when we try to define a steady, the steady options (the check box in stock definition) remains grayed out.

There is a steady rest group in the machine definition. Is there something we are doing wrong? (I assume that is the case smile.gif )

With Lathe I would not assume that. Have you made sure to reload the machine def with the steady rest in it. I made a solid of our steady rest and use the solid entity in the machine def. The machine def may say it has it, but if it is not defined by using one of those really odd ways like a Block WTF cuckoo.gif , Extrude WTF cuckoo.gif , Then that might be why it is not working. Try defining something in the Machine def and see if that works. I always use my Solid. I can send you the file if you like.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

It is a known bug. Defining the steady rest doesn't work in X2 MR2 SP1.

Wow.

That seems like a fairly major function to be a bug. We don't use steady rests on our cnc lathes but if we did I would consider this to be a substantial problem. Sort of like not being able to define the tailstock or chuck.

Phil

Holy !@@#$

That is indeed a bug. It certainly doesn't work at all, and we're at a stage where we need to have this feature as we are programming a bunch of mainshafts for our MT4000's.

Man oh man, I hope it is up and running in X3.