Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolbar states question

elraiis

hi guys...in MCX2 i customized the station where i usually work and created a 'elraiis' in the toolbar states section so that when i load it u know all icons and such are where i wish them to be to my convinience. my question is where can i find this configurations i saved in case i want to make a copy of it on the second station we have as we sometimes have to shift pcs because one station has the lathe license and the other is only milling. i don't know if i made sense. like for other configs i did i found files such as elraiis.mtb and so... for me key mapping and right click mouse key menu.. what about the toolbar states? is it like included in one of those otherwise where is it!? any help is appreciated thanks.

elraiis,

I am not sure if I understand your question. The file elraiis.mtb is your toolbar state. When you save it, you can choose where you want to save the file by selecting the drop down arrow next to the "Save In" space. Settings/customize/"save button"(button is located in bottom lefthand corner of the Customize window(it has a double floppy disk icon))

now i have a legitimate right to feel like a total dumb.. banghead.gifbanghead.gif lol.. thanks alot guys.. appreciate it. and now i figured out i guess why my icons are all screwed up when i load my mtb file on the other station... or so i guess... the monitor is smaller its 17". could that be it?

peace out.. smile.gif thanks alottttttt

quote:

we sometimes have to shift pcs because one station has the lathe license and the other is only milling.

Wouldn't it be easier to just change the HASP from one computer to the other?. This is what we do here and we do not have any problems. You jus have to restart mastercam when you chamge your HASP.

Just my 2 cents...

quote:

no we actually can't. [smile] only one HASP is USB. we tried to change the other one but they told me that we'll be charged money for that and so the machine shop manager said nevermind we're ok as is.

You should have no problem changing hasps from PC to PC whether they are USB or parallel port.

Thad

quote:

changing hasps from PC to PC whether they are USB or parallel port.

Plugging a parallel Hasp into a machine that is turned on and running, many times will cause that machine to reboot. I would HIGHLY recommend powering down before removing and placing a parallel Hasp from/to a system, USB can easily hot swap