Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 x Diameter endmills

Leigh @ Kodiak

We are looking at a job where we are going to need to rough out some DEEP pockets in QT100 steel. We are going to need to use a tool that 1"-1.25" in diameter, and 5" long.

I'm just wondering if anybody has experience with tooling similar to this, and what tools they would recommend. In particular, I am wondering about the Sandvik 390 tools with integrated dampening.

Any experience that anybody can share is greatly appreciated!

Racerx

I just got done making some two dies that are 64.0 x 36.0 x 12.8 deep with a .750 corner radius, I was using Ingersoll 1.0 diam head with a .950 carbide shaft that was grinded down from 1.0 and three adapters to give me the length. they worked great!!! When westtec was in town i went up there to see what the cutting guys had nobody would touch me except Ingersoll and Sandvik. I talked to Sandvik they did not have anything that small but they do make a good product with the captos. I went with Ingersoll cuz of the size. to give you a head ups both are $$$.

hope it helps