Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Contour Collision

Thee Rickster ™

Rick...

Try this...

under your .25 dia.. finishing parameters...

down under finish check mark the "start finish pass at closest entity..

then under your pocketing parameters... change it from roll cutter around corners to NONE instead of SHARP..

I think thats what you want.

If you want to choose your start point you have to let it machine the outer buondary then delete it via the toolpath editor - not a big deal but it is an extra step.

Also, there used to be a merge island chook that gave you geometry based on a tool diameter - just what your looking for. But I don't know what happened to it. Anybody else?

Rickster file is otw...cmurlin.mcx......

I do all kinds of stuff to toolpaths..

My favorite trick is to just save as geometry and take what chains that I want out and discard the rest. Way faster than the editor sometimes.

You can then draw an entry line at a breakpoint and run a contour on the geometry with no CC.

Then to verify the file, import the NCI and you can use the graphix verify with your other paths and run gouge check on it...

Murlin

you created the path with a ball nose(dodnt matter) and did something different all together.

You unchecked rough. cheers.gif

So I went back to the original file i put up and did the same parameters as you and 'WA LA'

Also I used gcodes and Brian's idea's and i am satisfied.

I was cutting the insert and programming the next similar part while I was doing all these posts and will use the path on the next one. cheers.gif

I never even noticed that rough box before

This shortens the whole proceedure cheers.gif

thanks alot everyone cheers.gif

Rick