Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mask on arc

Thad

What would be some possible causes of MC not finding all holes when searching by "mask on arc?" The holes are exactly the same size, on the same layer, and my tolerance is set to .001. For example, I have 6 tapped holes to select and it only finds 3 of them. I mask on arc again to one of the remaining holes and it finds the other 2. I have been told that it's not a design issue. Using v7.2

Thad

Gary - They are not splines.

James - How would I know if they are not closed arcs? Would they light up as only a section of the circle when selected? If so, they are closed arcs.

Thank you for your replies. smile.gif

Thad

From the main menu, select anylze - chain. Select one of the arcs in question. You will see if the chain is continuous, single arrow, or broken with a red start arrow - green end arrow.

I don't think this is your problem though. No matter what segment of the arc is there, you still should be able to find the center. I have not played with V7 in a long time, but make sure that all the arcs are constructed on the same plane. Who Knows?

I've uploaded a file to cadcam's ftp. It's called mask on arc and it's in the MC7 directory. If I try to select all M12 tapped holes, it won't find them all at one time. It will find one, then 5 or vice versa. All holes are exactly the same size and were created on the same layer. Then I imported the iges file and this is what I get. The file was created in Medusa and the file has been mirrored, if that matters to anyone.

Everything went OK with the upload, but when I tried to make sure it was there, I couldn't look in the MC7 folder. A window would flash and that's it. If anyone would like to play with this file, please feel free.

Thad

quote:

The file was created in Medusa and the file has been mirrored,

Thad

Anytime you have trouble picking arcs after mirroring or translating run 'Screen-Next menu- Comb Views' I looked at your file (in ver 8.1.1) and got the same results as you until I combined views and "moved 22 arcs to a new view'. Than it worked fine.

BerTau

It looks like that's my answer, BerTau. Thank you very much along with everyone else who replied. EVERY file that I bring in gets translated to the correct X and Y zero and then possibly mirrored or translated to a different Z level. I did what you said and it moved those 22 arcs also. Thanks again! wink.gif

Thad

Edited to say that I just saw your previous post saying this. I've been meaning to ask if I am the only one having problems with the board refreshing the pages. I have to refresh at the page that lists all topics and then again at the message itself to get all messages to show up sometimes. I didn't even see your post before. eek.gif

[ 06-06-2002, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: thad ]

We have 3 seats of Mcam and many months ago I put a 'sticky note' reminder on all three monitors:

"Comb Views"

"Del duplicates"

Problems with Chaining and Selecting entities can drive a person crazy and these two commands are too easily overlooked.

BerTau smile.gif