Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 BUG color change

DavidB

Follow these steps

With Pre selection.

1. Select a single surface

2. Right mouse click the Color icon at the bottom of the graphics window to change color.

3. Type in 15 (white) Enter.

4. Surface gets DELETED banghead.gif

It only happens using #15 confused.gif

Another thing is it will NOT let you select color 15 you have to type it.

Anyone else confirm?

quote:

Another thing is it will NOT let you select color 15 you have to type it.

Is white your pre selection or live entiry color??

I tried to change an enity to my preselection

color and X3 good very angry with me.. eek.gif

[ 08-26-2008, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

White is probably your graphics background color. I had white as my background color but was using a gradient. If I change the color of an entity to white, it would "Get deleted" while still showing in level manager. However if after doing that I would change my regular graphics background color to something other than white, turn off the level it was on then thurn the level back on, it would mysteriously came back. I showed this behavior to my co-worker and just decided "not to do that anymore". biggrin.gif

I can replicate it with any background color. One note, I normally select my entity to change the color of, right click the color tab at the bottom, and then you HAVE to type the color number in the box. You cannot "Click" the color as the background color is locked out from clicking just not typing...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

funky....

I've tried on 3 different workstations (2 laptops and a desktop) and I cannot replicate. I even reverted my settings to the defaults. I've tried both ways, inputting the number AND selecting the color via mouse pick... no issues whatsoever... and I've always been able to mouse pick it.

So... I'm wondering if there's some video, or mouse drivers, or something else at play here ... headscratch.gif

You are correct the Gradient background color is 15.

I think you found the bug! You can not select to change a surface to the Gradient background color set in your config.

I changed it from 15 to 248 and now color 248 can NOT be selected and deletes the surface.

Anyone try change a surface to what ever color you have set in your config, Colors/Gradient color.

I don't use it either James but it has to be set to something. What ever color it is set to is corrupting X3 somehow.

James check what ever color you have as the Gradient color. Now try change a surface to that color, bang deleted banghead.gif

quote:

I think you found the bug! You can not select to change a surface to the Gradient background color set in your config.

That was what I was trying to say in my earlier response.

In my case, I use gradient but my graphics bg color was white. (Which I never see) However if I would manually change an entity to that color, it would disappear. Changing the graphics bg color to anything else would make the entity re-appear. I never tried it with one of my gradient colors. So apparantly this will happen if you change an entity color to any of the "3" graphics or gradient background colors??

I guess they realized they didn't want to do this thus the locking out of the button for the given color, but didn't prevent a user from typing it in manually.

This is what I found.

First check in your config, Colors, Gradient back ground color.

Now if you use this or NOT it has to be set to a color!

Now what ever color is set as the Gradient background color will cause MC to delete the surface when changing to this color.

For Example; Set the “Gradient background color to 15. Even though you don’t use it!

Now change the color of a surface to 15 you have to type it. MC will delete it.

MC WILL DELETE ANY ENTITY THAT YOU TRY CHANGE TO THE GRADIENT BACKGROUNG COLOR. DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU USE "GRADIENT BACKGROUND COLOR" OR NOT.

David,

Just out of curiosity, did you try checking to see if the surface might have been blanked, not deleted? I've ran into some strange stuff lately in X3 Lathe with wireframe being blanked when I use some of the 'select' style buttons to go and grab numbers from the existing geometry. I hit the green check mark to close the dialog box and 'poof' the geometry is gone, but the number of entities in the levels manager column for that level hasn't changed. Try having your levels manager open and do the proceedure again. See if the number of entities on the level that the surface is on changes or stays the same...

I'm curious to see so I can communicate this with QC. I think there might be something wrong internally in Mastercam when it comes to the blank/unblank buffer...

Colin after further testing today I found the same thing.If I do screen stats change the color of an entity to the gradient background color even though I'm not using it, the surface is not visible but the screen stats are the same. It has been Blanked!

It's thow MC can't see it because it thinks its the same color as the Gradient background color thats is NOT being used. banghead.gif Very wierd behaviuor X2 MR2 SP1 behaves the same!