Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

key mapping- hotkey

MattW

I have my first AutoHotKey script working, it records the mouse pointer position, goes and clicks the "regenerate all selected toolpaths" button, and returns the pointer to where it was. Here is the link for AutoHotKey. I am going to have to fiddle with it a bit, I think, to get it all to work seamlessly, but this is an encouraging start.

If you wish to change the toolbar ‘icons' for a Chook you’ll need a Resource Editor tool.

There are many Resource Editors available, like…

Resource Tuner

$39.95 (US) and a free (30day) preview is available.

or

ResourceHacker

It is “old” with not as nice of an interface, but it is free and will work fine for this purpose.

Using either product, you are replacing (specific) bitmaps listed in the DLL.

*** ALWAYS have a backup copy of the DLL you are about to alter – “just in case” ! bonk.gif

*** This procedure will work for Chooks. Not all the DLLs in the Chooks folder are ‘Chooks’.

Some may be NETHooks, which store these resources in a different way, so you cannot replace the bitmaps using these Win32 resource editor tools. (You will know if you load a NETHook DLL as the only resources that will be listed is the ‘Version Info’ data)

Example:

When you load mcamX3chooksFindOverlap.dll into Resource Tuner, you’ll get a list of “resources” inside that DLL.

Under the Bitmap list you’ll see (2) listed: ‘102’ and ‘104’.

*The image for the Mastercam toolbar ‘icon’ is pulled from these resources…

The will be (2) BMPs; a 16x16 and a 24x24 pixel bitmap.

Which is used is dependent on whether you have the ‘Large Buttons’ option checked in Configuration - Screen.

The ‘102’ item here is the 24x24 pixel image. To replace it, either double click on that item in the tree or right-click on it and select ‘Edit Resource’. A new page will popup showing you the current image and giving you the option to ‘Replace with’ you own image. Click on the File Open button (next to Replace with) and select the new BMP file.

*** Make sure that the BMP image you select is the correct size!!! (16x16 or 24x24)

Save those changes, restart Mastercam and admire your new icon image. biggrin.gif

quote:

Just add these lines to your configmastercam.kmp..

KEYMAP Mastercam OMregenSelectedOperations "F7"

KEYMAP Mastercam OMregenDirtyOperations "F8"

And you will find some OM functions in Mastercam.ft.

Like "OMbackplotSelectedOperations", which Mike-T requested. Thanks Sato, that is cleaner than AutoHotKey, so all my effort was for nuthin'.

Although, I would also like a hotkey for the various "OK" green checkmark buttons, and I am not seeing that in the Mastercam.ft file. Maybe I can get AutoHotKey to work for that.