Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chaining Questions

NeilJ

quote:

also...the 1300 is a pretty weak quadro card and very old. if you look at nVidia's site, they dont even list that card for the entry level series or the mid-range. i tell people to get the 3450 card as the low end to mid range solution.

I'll talk with IT and ask if they have a 3450 card for me to try. If they don't or don't want to give us one I'll buy one myself, put it in my home machine and see if it makes a difference.

I take it you don't have problems with chains disappearing?

Do you have the issue when you use Rechain All the old chains stay on the screen?

quote:

It is not just having the quadro card that helps, but how you configure it. Try running the 'Solidworks' profile, and switching the card profile to 'CAD'... Do a search on Quadro on Emastercam. I've covered how to configure the Quadro cards numerous times...

I use the 'CAD' profile now.

I'll check and see if the 'SolidWorks' profile is active. I don't remember seeing this as an option.

I'll also do a search for how you suggest configuring the Quadro card.

What ever it takes to get my chains to stop disappearing, also when I use Rechain All to get the old chains to disappear.

quote:

also when I use Rechain All to get the old chains to disappear.

changing video cards won't help with this..

There is a workaround..

Open the chain manager, delete all the chains

close the chain manager.

Now open the chain manager and do your new chains..

Yes, I know that sucks...this has one of my

pet peeves for years, but I've never taken 5 minutes to send it to QC so my whining rights are limited. wink.gif

While we're on the subject of chaining...

Solid chaining....

WHen I do a solid chain and then go back into the chain manager, I can't see the chain..

Even clicking on the solid chain icon in the manager will not highlight the chain on the model.

This makes it impossible to review a solid toolpath's chain..

It is the main reason I'd don't use solid chaining much..

Do I have something set wrong, or does everybody have this problem??

quote:

changing video cards won't help with this..

There is a workaround..

Open the chain manager, delete all the chains

close the chain manager.

Now open the chain manager and do your new chains..

Yes, I know that sucks...this has one of my

pet peeves for years, but I've never taken 5 minutes to send it to QC so my whining rights are limited

Looks like the answer for me might be to never use Rechain All and just delete individual chains. When I try deleting individual chains they disappear immediately from the graphics screen.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...poor product documentation...

rolleyes.gif

Jon Banquer, you could always come down out of the ivory tower you live in and go to work for a CAD/CAM Company and make them perfect since you have all the answers.