Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 - slow toolpath generation

Leigh @ Kodiak

Somebody please help me here....

My computer is smoking fast, no issues there. Verify runs great. everything in Mastercam works fine. But toolpath generation time is super slow. A simple 2D contour takes over a minute to generate!!

If I look at the task manager while it's generating, it shows VERY little load on both my ram, and my CPU. Can anybody point me at things to look at?

NOTE: this is a recent thing....X3 was fine up untill a couple of days ago.

I actually figured it out. Just so people are aware, what was causing the problem was that in the stock definition for this machine group, I had a very large STL selected. After I changed it to be a rectangle, everything was just fine.

WHY Mastercam looks at my stock definition for a 2d contour operation is beyond me...

This just happend to me, but instead I had a solid selected in my "stock setup". It took 5 minutes to a generate simple 2D toolpath. Did you report this to QC at Mastercam?

Funny thing is you can see Mastercam looking at the solid even though its not needed for this 2D toolpath. What I mean by "looking", its redrawing the solid as if to shade it.