Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Romicron bores OT

gms1

We are looking into getting a set of bore tools and its looking like Seco or Romicron. Anyone have experience with these Romicron bore tools? Can you really hold 2 micron with it? Is it a sturdy setup? We will be boring anything from 7075 aluminum to cast iron with these.

The Romicron heads that we have used are pretty damn good. They have 2 micron adjustment, I doubt that they actually are accurate down there, but they're pretty close. If you have +/-.00015 or .0002 on your bore size I think that you would have no issue with these heads We used several other systems [Nikken, Sandvik, and the "old" style KM] before the Romicron and the Romicron definitely kicked their a$$ for adjustability and precision.

We use the SVUBB2 heads

I've used a few of these in automotive applications. Yes they are that accurate. The trick is having equipment that can check microns. BTW if your planning on working on parts with that tight of tolerance alot of other things should be considered such as machine accuracy, ambient air temp, coolant temp, etc.

We also have a plenty of them here. I have visited the shop where Romicron is manufactured (It is not too far from here) and got astonished. Romi´s facilities are very well equipped.

We have here a couple of Zeiss Prismo CMMs (Which are capable of measuring the Romicron accuracy) and I confirm that when used correctly, Romicron can achieve the 0.002mm range.