Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horz rotation B-

TFesta

I have some free time right now so I started making a new post for our Horz mill using Ver 9.1 MPMASTER. Everything looks good but I can't get it to output a minus sign on B axis when it changes directions. I've looked for 2 days searching on here (yeah plenty of free time) and can't find anything. My table rotates CCW positive. So if I have a hole on the left side it goes B25 and if I have a hole on the right side it goes B335. I want it to say B-335. Can anybody help me. I think it's something to do with the shortest direction but I don't know what it should look like. Thanks for your help.

Did you look in the post file for this?

use_rotmcode : 0 #Output M-Code for Axis direction (sindx_mc)

#0 = Signed direction (only valid when rot_type = 1)

#1 = M-Code for direction

If your post has this I would try changing it.

I could well be wrong too, V9 was before my time. Be sure to backup your post before you change anything.

An Allen Bradley 7320 ! I learned CNC Programming on that control.

CS,EK, ##

I still have a notebook with all of those cryptic control commands.

The functions you seek, may not be in any V8 post. You would most likely have to build in the logic yourself.

If (prev_C - C) > 180, C = C * -1 # if the distance is greater that 180 , change to a minus

Propably need to add a whole post section called "pdirection" or something like that.

What's your post writing experience?

Mike Mattera

I'm not a post writter. I can edit it and change things that I need but that's about it. It's the new MPMASTER 9.1 ver post. But I did get the AGGREDAT.DLL to wotk right now. That will be a help when it comes time. I have been trying to post my logic but it says I can't post it cause. "Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: Parenthesis in HTML tag" I can't get into the FTP site to upload.

quote:

So if I have a hole on the left side it goes B25 and if I have a hole on the right side it goes B335. I want it to say B-335.

Don't confuse yourself B335 = B-25. (not B-335.)

quote:

It's the new MPMASTER 9.1 ver post

If you use Mpmaster.post. Look at this section:

code:

rot_ccw_pos : 1     #Axis signed dir, 0 = CW positive, 1 = CCW positive

ret_on_indx : 0 #Machine home retract on rotary index moves, (0 = no, 1 = yes)

index : 0 #Use index positioning, 0 = Full Rotary, 1 = Index only

ctable : 5 #Degrees for each index step with indexing spindle

one_rev : 0 #Limit rotary indexing between 0 and 360? (0 = No, 1 = Yes) <================ Here

lock_codes : 1 #Use rotary axis unlock/lock M-Codes? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)

HTH

quote:

Don't confuse yourself B335 = B-25. (not B-335.)

Depends on the machine. On our Toshiba (Tosnuc 888 control) B-90 and B90 are the same position. The positive or negative number just tells the machine what direction to go to get there.(clockwise or counter-clockwise). Confusing as hell compared to the "regular way".

Qmp, I hear ya on that one. On most machines it would be like that. But this is a very old control. The only way to do backwards rotation is by use a (-) minus sign with b-axis. I have changed all the settings back and forth and I can't get it to match. The real problem is that I believe that the rotary table is wired up wrong. I believe that it should rotate CW. If it did this post would not be here. I asked them to check it, but you know how it goes if you have to shut down a machine when it still is running. They just tell me to edit it in. I was just hoping for an easy fix. I'm still hopeful. The table is all ways Absolute all the time, a minus sign reverses the direction.