Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 is freakin' out!!

strabe

So I finished a part, saved it then deleted all entities. Then I merged a file in since they were similar parts. I deleted all of the ops and saved the file with the new part #. The part is a simple rectangular block with four c'bored holes. So I selected the four points to drill and selected my spot drill. So far so good. Then I right click dragged the drill op below the red arrow and selected "Copy after".

Now here's where it gets weird. The first time the op came up as a "Contour". So I deleted it, dragged and dropped the drill op again and it came up as a tool from the previous file that I had already deleted, and with geometry points that I hadn't selected. So I've done this over and over and each time the copied op comes up differently.

Anybody else seen this one??? cuckoo.gifheadscratch.gif

Is it because I merged a file into another?

This has happened to me before but I was never able to duplicate it until now.

I can't get to the FTP or I would post it there. I might be able to e-mail it though.

In X3 I opened a .stp file created in Catia R18. Since it's 5 axis part I merged an aluminum table that mounts to the rotary B axis. I created two 5th axis swarf toolpaths then saved it and moved on to other work. I have opened that file 3 times since and each time got the error (x number of objects are the same color as background) and prompting me to change color and I did each time. The background I use is black with a gray horizontal gradient, the part is blue #167 and the error entities are the swarf selection set. This part has 195 entities but the last time I opened it there were 697 color error entities. I dumped the duplicates and ran RAM saver. I'll let you know if that worked.

Bogusmill,

You said youre using a gradient background, but what's the "Graphics Background color" in Config --- i.e. the color that it'd be if you turned off the gradient and went with a single color.

I believe there's a logged bug related to some places in Mastercam ignoring the gradient switch and checking geometry against the single background color.

This morning the same file in X3 but on a different PC had 1735 entities in background color I was asked to change color. This is a Catia file converted to STEP and brought into X3. I'm using 5ax swarf and every wall I select for toolpath is duplicated (on an active but empty level) and is the cause of error. I think the duplicates are created in the X3 original bg color blue and I get this error even though my bg color is black. This gets annoying every morning and every restart.

I just began using X3, and in doing some 5 ax Swarf toolpath, have entites being created, after I Generate the op.

Did an experiment, had one surface, alone on a level, created 5 ax Swarf op, before I generated, level mngr shows 1 entity, after I generate, there are multiple entities on this level now, and i am getting prompted that they are the same as the background color, and I need to select a color to "change them to". Have used 5 ax Swarf in V9, didn't have this occurring.

I am using gradient background, Horizontal...