Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create - Drafting - Dimension (Help)

barrybaker

When a dimension defines a small space, a distance of an 1/8" would be an example. The dimension text is forced to be between the arrow heads. The length of that text exceeds the distance being dimensioned. I have been through the settings and cannot find the switch to allow me to edit the text position. I would like to click and drag the text to a new position. How about some help??

Barry BAker

"...or just hit the "C" key to toggle back and forth between centered and not centered."

...This works for me while still actively creating the dimension and if you go back into dimensioning and click on an existing dimension. (I'm still using X2MR1. Not sure if X2MR2 and X3 are different.)

When I hit "N" it brings up the "Number of Digits" box. Am I missing something? Has this been changed since X2MR1?

confused in Orchard Park....

I beleive you can edit any dimesnion if you click

1. analyze entity proerties

2. select the drafting entity

3. select quick edit or the other option from the window that pops up

4. from here you should see the dimensioning toolbar and you can make any edits you want.

I don't have mastercam in front of me so I am going from memory.