Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programming Renishaw In Mastercam?

X-L Engineering Corp

This is just a general question to see how everyone handles programming his or her touch probes.

I talked to Verisurf at the show and they told me they might not release what they have for Programming Touch Probes for Machine Centers for "X" they only have it for Version 9.

So with out that how do you approach getting the Renishaw routines coming out of Mastercam For Touch Probes and Tool Detection?

In advance thanks for any comments.

Ted

Lars

That sounds great but it would be great to see Verisurf come out with their version because we work off a network hasp and then others could use as well as me that’s what I was hoping for.

Doug

I also talked to Renishaw at the show about their Software and they don't have a floating license.

Ron

You seem to be getting more hits on this post than me biggrin.gif

quote:

I also talked to Renishaw at the show about their Software and they don't have a floating license.

Yep, thats my biggest complaint with it. We have 2 licenses tied to 2 computers and five programmers. The 2 programmers with the licenses have to do all of the probe programming. I have considered doing the post work for our mill posts to do probe programming, but we are transitioning to NX Cam over the next 2 years and NX6 has probe programming capabilities so I can't justify the time to do the MCX posts.

Steve, I have very little info on the probing in NX6. What I saw was a demo on the computer of a Siemens App engineer. The demo was more of how NX6 will "on screen" program the probes just like creating toolpaths. I do not know how the post works or how it will use Renishaw macros.

Ron, one of the things I really like about the Renishaw Productivity plus is that any inspection cycles you create in the cam interface are assigned variables and are remembered and can be used or referenced in other cycles as well as logic decisions from within the CAM interface. A simple example is when you create a simple Z point measurement of 2 different Z points the actual measured points (assigned variables) can be called into a math function and the difference can be compared to a tolerance used to adjust an offset. all of this can be accomplished with almost no macro programming on the users part. I would love to see this kind of functionality in Verisurf as well.

Chris,

it would be for the part that we have been sending back and forth for the 5 Axis post. And with that routine I'm going to have to use (Dynamic Fixture Offset) so getting all this into a post is not going to be easy. I was hoping Verisuf was closer to releasing somthing but if you can get the custom drill cycle working for me for now that would be great.

P.S. Let me know how the 5 Axis post is coming?