Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup sheets

Bobcat1970

I'm trying to edit the MILL.SET post that spits out the setup sheet so that it will be more like a detailed tool list. I've gotten it so that it won't output the description of a tool more than once even if a tool appears in multiple operations.

However, these operations need to be grouped together for the tool information to be output only once. For example, tool #1 can perform operations 1, 2, and 3, and tool #2 can perform operations 4, 5, and 6. When I post out the setup sheet, I'll get a list of tools #1 and #2.

But in that same program, if tool #1 comes out again and does operation 7, when I post the setup sheet I'll get a list of tools #1, #2, and #1 again.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Thnx

I've got a mill setup sheet called toollist.set that buffers all the tools and outputs a nice numeric tool list. No fancy pictures, and you would have to customize the header to get additional setup info like stock size and work offset stuff, but that is easy compared to the magic that goes on in the tool buffers. Only drawback is that it only works for mill.

I'm actually working on a Lathe version, but it will be a while. I'm going to try and use the .set file to output a CSV file will all the values I need and then use a Macro or Template in Excel to format the lathe tool list properly...