Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backplot question

Philcott

I am trying to help out one of our mill guys backplot a toolpath of a pocket. In V9 we used to be able to watch the cutter move along the path and leave a shaded swath behind it. In X2 I can't find if or how to make this happen. As ours is set, we can see the whole shaded path at the start of the backplot or we can see the end points.

Is there a setting to all this to shade as the tool moves?

Thanks.

phil

quote:

go into the backplot options menu and select interpolate instead of endpoints. Then give it a value of .1 to start. I think this may be what you are talking about.

Tried that and it did not give me what I want.

quote:

I believe the quick verify button in the backplot dialog box is what they are referring to and it does what you are after, the quick verify in the verify dialog box shows all at once.

This gets close but as stated above, I see the fully shaded or not shaded at all.

quote:

There is also two buttons beside the play buttons on the ribbon bar. One is for run mode and the other is trace mode. Try to change those too.

Tried those as well.

Let me try to explain again. I would like to see the path get shaded much in the way a pen leaves a trail of ink behind it as it rolls along the paper. This was the case in V9 but I can't find out how to do this in X2.

Phil

Phil.

there are 2 buttons next to the fast forward button ( 2 arrows pointing right)

one looks like a sideways "S"

the a line with a dot at the end.

press the line with a dot button

drag the slider next to it to the middle of its range.

On eth Backplot contrl

press the botton that looks like a drill

( second from the left)

and the button that looks like and endmill

with a shadow

now hit the the play button ( single arrow pointing right)

quote:

one looks like a sideways "S"

the a line with a dot at the end.

"Line with a dot at the end" is Run Mode. For what you describe you want to be in Run Mode.

quote:

On eth Backplot contrl

press the botton that looks like a drill

This means Display Tool.

Works fine here, Phil but I've had the same problem and it required me to reboot the computer and refire up Mastercam.

Did not re-boot the computer as the mill guys have not been able to get this to work since X2 was loaded.

I did though, try this on a different computer and I am beginning to think there might be a graphic card issue. On my computer the shading worked on a line by line basis (still not like a ball point pen but better). In other words it shaded the whole line as the cutter got to it (not as it passed along the line).

There still might be another way.

Phil

Are you guys (in a pocket routine) able to see your path being shaded AS the tool moves along? Not the whole pocket at once, not a single line at a time but AS the tool moves along it's path like a ball point pen leaving ink on the paper as it rolls along?

If you answer, please take the time to draw up a quick pocket, apply a tool to it and back plot watching for how the shading is displayed and not just rely on memory.

Thanks. Phil

quote:

Are you guys (in a pocket routine) able to see your path being shaded AS the tool moves along?

I am.

quote:

Not the whole pocket at once, not a single line at a time but AS the tool moves along it's path like a ball point pen leaving ink on the paper as it rolls along?

Yes, I am able to see this.

quote:

If you answer, please take the time to draw up a quick pocket, apply a tool to it and back plot watching for how the shading is displayed and not just rely on memory.

I did exactly as you requested. I did not rely on memory.