Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x3 mu1 verify problem

Programinator

In verify the tool is not showing the correct length. This is on files that were created in x2 mr2 sp1. When i backplot it shows the correct length but when i verify it shows a much shorter tool and it keeps pausing on collision. Like it the tool settings page i have a 1/2 in endmill 1.25 length and it shows up in verify as if it was .5 in length.

Anyone else seeing this

Just ran into the same thing. The Tool file name on last page changed from pointing to a flatmill to a bullmill. And one of my bullmills changed to a flatmill, then it wouldn't stick until i regened the op. also "as defined" in tool profile

area of verify params, or custom tools wouldn't show correct.

Where does mcam pull its tool info from. I mean it seems like it would pull it from the same place when in backplot or verify. At least that seems logical to me.

I opened up a file in x2 mr2 sp1 and opened up the same file in x3 mu1. Both backplot fine with the tool sizes and lengths good. x2 verify is good with all the tools and holders exactly as defined. In x3 it crashes.

Again the file was created in x2. I have not tried creating toolpaths in x3 mu1 but this only started since the download of mu1 so there might be a problem with it.

Ok i got pix now. Here is what im getting in backplot.

verify2-1.jpg

This is what i get in verify for the same tool. You can see that the tool is right in backplot but is made to be shorter in verify. which causes the holder to crash into part causing verify to stop on collision.

verify-1.jpg

I dont understand why they differ.

How can this be fixed.

quote:

What I'm seeing from a file I created in X2 mr2 and brought into X3 MU1 is that verify is using the flute length of the tool in X3 and showing the overall length in X2.

Are you saying that in verify its using the flute length only and in backplot it uses the correct length as assigned in the tool geometry?

quote:

its a bug

bug number cnc00042563

Is this a new bug for mu1 or was it doing it in x3 too. I didnt do much with x3 because i decided to wait for the mu1. I sure hope it gets fixed though. Also does it only happen with x2 files brought into x3 mu1 or with all files?

quote:

I just ran in to this also. But like Mike-T said I regened the operation and then the tool picked up the new stickout in verify. I think this was a bug in an earlier version too.

If a regen is all that is needed to fix the problem then thats not a bad work around.

Im glad cnc knows about it too.

Thanks for all the input.

quote:

If a regen is all that is needed to fix the problem then thats not a bad work around.

I said that before but just realized that if you have a file with lots of surfacing or with hundreds of tool paths then this could be time consuming.

This is a problem that should be addressed as soon as possible. I dont know how this could have slid by cnc. its like if you got a block to machine with a 5 in thru hole in it and then you send it to the customer without the hole in it bonk.gifconfused.gif