Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simulation Error

ToolMan184

I installed X3 MU1 and I keep getting this Simulation Error when I verify my part.

"SIMULATION ERROR"

Fatal Error occurred in Verify / Simulation.

Please exit Verify / Simulation and try again with reduced image quality. If the problem persist report to CNC.

When this happens and I exit out of Verify it changes my surface and solids colors and will not let me change it back unless I close out of X3.

I updated my Video drivers with no luck.

Any ideas?

I get the exact same error when using Verify on .stl files. I've turned down the Tool Tolerance and the STL Tolerance to .001 and this seems to help. I had to reboot the computer to get Mastercam X3 MU1 to Verify properly when I had this problem.

I continue to be very disappointed with how the MachineWorks component works in Mastercam. It's far better in X3 MU1 but it's still not good enough with .stl files compared to other products that use the exact same component (MachineWorks.) and have better reliabilty, performance and more features.

I'm beginning to feel that the graphics engine and the Machining Operations Manager in Mastercam need to be totally rebuilt from the ground up because CNC Software appears to be patching them constantly. This approach doesn't appear to be working very well and they both are a constant source of problems for me.

Toolman,

what drivers are you running with your Quadro card

Verfiy is flawless (and fast) on my machine and you've got a better video card than I do.

If you are running Dell drivers get rid of them.

I'm running Nvidia Version 178.26

I have the global 3D settings at Daassault Systems Caita compatible.

On the Mastercam side

Settings/Config/Screen

Open GL on

Disable front buffer on

On the Windows side

Video performance is set to max..

I am having no trouble at all with Verify and I run some very big parts.. I have not tried to verify a threading cycle though.

OK,

I have done a clean install of my video driver to 178.26 for XP 64 bit. I have the following set:

Mastercam Side - Open GL checked on, Disable front buffer checked on

Windows is set for best performance.

Nvidia I have tried the global settings for Daassault Systems Caita compatible (seems to take alot longer than the Solid Works Setting), Daassault Systems Solid Works and even tried one set to program that was exactly like the Solid Works but with Unifeid Back buffer turned off.

And nothing seems to work, I still get the same error when it has about 15-20 minutes left in verify.

I have even tried using a STL file for my set up.

I am at a lose here and dont know of anything else to try.

Any suggestions?

quote:

I'm beginning to feel that the graphics engine and the Machining Operations Manager in Mastercam need to be totally rebuilt from the ground up because CNC Software appears to be patching them constantly. This approach doesn't appear to be working very well and they both are a constant source of problems for me.

rolleyes.gif

I got this error yesterday for the first time.

The part was a Ø72" impeller 20 blades.

About 10 minutes in to a Verify session the error came up..

This warning is an improvemnent over the old way.

Back in the day, when Verify ran out of gas,

Mastercam would lock up and die, possibly taking your file with it.

Now you get a nice civilized warning, click OK

and go back to work..

On the downside, I tried everything I could think of to run the whole verify session, but just couldn't get through it.

The toolpaths were 16 5X curves rotated 20 times.

The posted code in about 14 meg.

This is a x32 machine with 4 gig of RAM.

I may take the file home and try it on my x64 machine this weekend.

G,

My file was almost 12 megs. One thing I done that seemed to help a little was in the graphics card settings. I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and made settings just for MasterCam. I used the Solid Works Global setting and made everything like the Solid Works setting except for Unified Back / Depth Buffer I turned it off. It seemed to help some.

Another thing I have noticed is where the file was made. I created a file in X3 MU1 and had all kinds of problems. But, I had a X2MR2 SP1 file that was almost the same (11.3 Megs) and opened it in X3 MU1 and it verified fine.