Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Menu Hot Keys

MarkS

gcode,

The power keys on the autorcusor I am using.

Holding the shift key to select a chain I haven't

used. Thanks for the tip.

But what I wanted to find out is if you can set the system to default so you don't have to press the alt key to use the hot keys on the main menu selections. ex: press x then t to xform, translate. Now you have to press alt then x then t to xform translate. The extra key press is not a big deal, just asking.

I don't know of a way to turn off the ALT key,

but once a command is open the ALT key is not needed to use that command's hot keys.

For example.. launch the Trim command with the icon

the hot keys 1,2,3,d,t and b all work without the

ALT.

the same works for the Line endpoints command

h and v will switch bewteen horizontal and vertical ( or turn them off)

If Horizontal is active, hitting H will turn it off

Mark,

The reason you have to press "Alt" first is that there are autocursor commands that have shortcut keys that would conflict. I asked about this when X first came out.

If you go into "Create Line Endpoints" for example, you can press "X", "Y", or "Z" and Mastercam's focus will jump up to the XYZ data entry fields.

The short answer is that you just have to get used to pressing "Alt" now to invoke the menu shortcuts...

HTH,

gcode,

I wasn't aware of all the shortcut keys inside functions. I thought just the menu's had them and didn't look.

Thanks for the pointing that out.

Colin,

This has been a question I've had since we began to switch cam systems over to Mastercam X. Thought I would ask here to get an answer.

Thanks for the help