Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Display options in the Operations Manager

mfranco

Thanks, but I already checked that. I have full control over everything but I cannot find anywhere that lets me save the settings once I change them. I previously was using X2 MR1 and had the same problem. Last year I thought I read somewhere about this being a problem that got fixed with X2 MR2. Does anyone know how to save the settings in X3?

There is something squirrly going on with your system. I have never had a problem with OPs Manager settings sticking in any version of X.

Open your Config file in a text editor and see where all the file paths lead...

If all elese fails delete your config file and

let Mastercam build a new one from scratch.

Have you ever dragged a config file from older version to the newer when upgrading.. I've found this can casue all kinds of trouble as all the file paths in the config file still lead back to the older install

OK.. I did a little experiement..

I opened X3 and changed my OPS Manager

background color... then searched

the X3 install folder for files that had changed.

There were no changed files..

I'm guessing that these settings are written to the registry.

Do you have read/write privleges to the registry??

Do you have an IT department?? If so have your IT guy

log on as admin and change a setting.. I'll bet it sticks..

This is a privelges issue IMO

gcode - Just to confirm we are on the same page, I am trying to save Display Options (right click in operations manager - choose "display options".) This will change what is visible in the toolpath tree in the operation manager. I have no problem background color, font size, etc.

I do understand what you are getting at and I will try your suggestion as soon as possible.

thanks

gcode

From the link

quote:

There is a OPMGRDISPLAY.PRM file in C:mcamxcommonprm. I'd guess the settings are stored in there.

On the X2MR2 and X3 it seem that is stored somewhere else. That file doesn't exist

Is it possible that is inside mdm1202.prm?

[ 01-05-2009, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Slydman ]

gcode - I cannot find a file named OPMGRDISPLAY.PRM.

slydman - I cannot find a file named mdm1202.prm

I did find a file named MDM1120.prm located in the config file. This does update everytime I close X2. I did try placing it in McamX2-MR2commonprm folder and then made some changes to the display options. The file did not update and the changes did not stick. This was the only .prm file that I could find.

I am thinking, that since the Background Color, Line Color and Font do stick and the MDM1120.prm file does update everytime I close X2, maybe the display options should be registering changes to the MDM1120.prm file and it is just not working correctly.

Thanks to all you guys for your input and any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to try contacting the reseller and see what they have to say.

If I ever get it working, I will post the solution. In the meantime I will check back in case there are any new ideas.

Thanks Again

quote:

I cannot find a file named OPMGRDISPLAY.PRM.

Mine is located in C:McamX2-MR2commonprm. If I make a change to my op manager display options, this file gets updated with the current time and date...IOW, that's where the display parameters are stored.

Thad

Yesterday, i sent a request to my reseller, i am waiting for the answer. Their point was the same as Thad, by placing the file into ...commonprm instead of ...common.

At the same time, i did a search for OPMGRDISPLAY.PRM, and found it under ...McamX-MR2common instead of X2 or X3 (i removed my installation of XMR1, but i kept my leftover files). I tried to copy that file under ...McamX3commonprm and ...McamX2-MR2commonprm. And did a changes in the display option of the operation manager. My changes are now sticking BUT the updated files is still in the ...McamX-MR2common banghead.gif

I sent this info to my reseller...

quote:

Their point was the same as Thad, by placing the file into ...commonprm instead of ...common.

I wasn't trying to tell you to move the file, I was just telling you where mine is located (factory install) and that my settings stick.

Thad

OK, I tried the following: Settings - Control Definition Manager - Operation Defaults - (Right click in white area where program defaults are listed) - "Display Options" - (made changes) - "Save Default Settings" - (green check mark) - "Yes" - (then this message comes up:) "Your changes can not be saved to the active Machine Group from the Control Definition Manager. Please enter the Machine Definition Manager to accomplish this task."

But, if you go through the Machine Definition Manager and then to the Control Definition Manager, the same options are not available.

I did contact my reseller today and they said that they would check into it. He wants me to switch to X3 but I have concerns about the numerous problems I see posted. Once again, I will post an answer when I get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mfranco,

From Thad

quote:

There is something squirrly going on with your system. I have never had a problem with OPs Manager settings sticking in any version of X.

Open your Config file in a text editor and see where all the file paths lead...

On my C:McamX3CONFIGmcamx.config file

The line 2122. Parameter files (PRM)? C:MCAMX3COMMONPRM

my path was from MCAMX so that was my problem.

Thanks Thad

As soon as i did the changes, it update the file OPMGRDISPLAY.PRM and is sticky there is no saving option