Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam add-ons from Verisurf

Hello all,

News flash firebounce.gif

New webpage for Mastercam add-ons from Verisurf.

Verisurf add-ons for Mastercam

Also Verisurf REVERSE has been updated for Mastercam X3, it has many new tools including a hot new tool called Auto Surf. This tool will automatically create surfaces from scanned mashes.

It’s simple and you can try it out for 30 days smile.gif

cheers.gif

Ernie

Excuse my lack of knowledge of your product

I have an in spindle digitizer that I copy cylinder head ports and chambers Can you product take that data and build a surface?

The ports aren't too big of a problem but combustion chambers are always a collection of patch surfaces Can I combine them into one surface with Verisurf?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

The Verisurf Reverse add-on in Mastercam has some great tools for making a single surface from probed data; if the shape can't be defined by a single surface then we have other great tools to create a network of tangent surfaces automatically.

Send me your probed data and I will show you a precision surface model that you could make nice flowline toolpaths with.

cheers.gif

Ernie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ron,

I am updating a second PC and I have installed the verisurf tool right after a fresh install of X3MU1 and I can't get hole axis to work at all. On the other PC in the office it works fine. Both are running Windows XP.

The PC that it does work on is running an Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS and the one it doesn't work on is running a Geforce 8600 GT.

Any clues? When I try to use it the model I use it on looks like it is be converted to surfaces but the hole axis line never shows up?

UPDATE: I can get it to work but it only works on wireframe entities. Not on solid surfaces. It also works if I convert the solid to surfaces before using it.

Thanks,

Kevin C.