Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wireless mouse

Jim OConnell

I hooked up a microsoft wireless mouse to my Dell precision 670 I have a nividia video card. Master Cam X3 starts alright but when I create anything on the screen and lets say I want to analize it the screen goes black and Master Cam freezes. take the wireless mouse of put in old optic and it works fine. I have tried to use this mouse on 3 other machines and have same problem.Only with Master Cam. has anyone out there experienced this?

quote:

Does the MMB wheel click side-to-side?

It does but not easily. On top of that, if it is an issue you can disable its use while MCAM is the active window. Logitech software is really good

I've always used Microsoft wireless mice on all my systems; (2) with XP Pro and (1) with Vista (64-bit).

Currently each is equipped with the Inellimouse Explorer 2.0 and they work just fine.

And when off being portable, I use a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000. Just plug in the USB transceiver and go...

*I do not load the IntelliMouse software, as I've never see any reason to do so! All the functionality needed works without to need to load the IntelliMouse drivers.

* This is not to say that there is anything 'wrong' Logitechs, we have them on the systems in our conference rooms, it's just that I find the wheel on them waaaaay to "touchy".

Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Mouse

Intellipoint 5.2

Dell Precision 380

Win XP Pro SP3

nVidia FX1400 video card

Mastercam 9.1 and X3 MU1

All works fine, both in 9.1 and X3

I had tried a Microsoft Explorer 2.0 mouse that had problems even with the same driver, but the standard one works well. I know that may not make any sense, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yeah, I just had to get rid of my MS 6000 mouse because of it was messing with MC. I think it might actually be a combination problem with MS, Nvidia, and Mastercam. I had my MS mouse installed when I had an ATI card, and everything worked great(it was just a little slow when working with solids and large stl files) with full acceleration. When I finally got my FX570 and installed the drivers the only way to get MC to function was to turn off hardware accel. in MC. JParis and I thought it was the new card. Before I got ready to return card, PNY support had me disable all startup items, and 1 at a time turn things back on until MC crashed. I got everything back on with MC at full accel. and things worked great. Thats when it dawned on me that I had changed my mouse to a Logitech after the problems had started, and I never thought of turning the hardware accel. back on after I swaped mice. Never heard of such a thing.

• 4 months later...

Just another plug for Logitech.

I use Logitech MX Revolution mouse (the buttons are easily programed for the most common functions), a charge only takes about an hour or two, and lasts about 2 to 4 weeks.

Space Pilot (3dConnection is a Logitech company) not having my Space Pilot is like not having my left hand.

Logitech speakers.

Logitech G15 keyboard (with backlit keys)- the LCD display I have got set to display the CPU usage (displays one bar for each of the four dual cores and overall percentage) and also displays memory usage of the 8 Gig installed - This gives me an instant display of how hard I am working the system.

I love Logitech products, they work, work well and last for a long time (based on 29 years of CADCAMCNC experience = alot of mouse clicks!).

I will pay the extra for Logitech reliability and functionality every time.

I use both MCX4 and Catia at work and home. For my main work PC I have an Intelimouse Explorer 3.0 This one works better than any I've had. The wheel doesnt tilt and without drivers works great with both but it's not wireless. My Dell M90 laptop has a MS Bluetooth notebook 5000 mouse. I love that I dont need a dongle for it because the laptop has Bluetooth. It also doesn't have a tilting wheel. Wireless Intellimoust Explorer 2.0 is what I have at home plus there is one here. They work pretty well but the side tilt wheel is always finickey. Now with MC installed on Windows 7, with or without Intellimouse software, the scroll wheel zooms out no matter which direction you rotate it.

A friend is taking Catia courses here and he has only Logictech mice and with Catia they absolutely will not function the center button (wheel) correctly. He resorted to finding a real 3 button optical HP mouse for Catia use. Those are hard to come by. This has made me sceptical of Logictech but I've wanted a MX Revolution since I first saw one and my house mouse is wearing out so that will probably be my next rodent. I'll cross my fingers and hope the middle button works right.

That seems odd, I use MasterCAMx4, Solidworks 2009, Catia and all work fine with the Logitech MX Revolution, although, I do have the small button just behind the wheel, set as the confirm/enter button.

(Windows XP x64)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_poi...es/130&cl=US,EN

I have also used the Logitech G7 mouse with no problems, except this mouse does need it's two batteries, - aboout 8 hours use on a charge, about 4 hours to charge (at quick charge rate).

I got my wife the MX resolution that is what made me ask for it for work.

I have one of these setup with my space pilot. the colors and the shape mimic the space pilot.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboard...es/164&cl=us,en

I have found that the ten key some times does not connect well and has to be reset. but other wise love it.

I am looking to move to this one. I have tried this at work works great.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboard...s/3481&cl=us,en

For my computer for the living room TV 47" lcd above the fire place, I use this setup. This is one great keyboard for this setup.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboard...es/192&cl=us,en